THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Quotes

I love quotes.


That's it. That is the bottom line. I live by quotes.

It seems to me that when I say something in my head or out loud, it is not as effective as reading one. At work I have a dry erase board and I write a different quote on it everyday. I try to pick the creative, work-related ones. But everyday, every time I read it, I find that it relates to me more than I think.

Today's cubicle quote: "The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want." Ben Stein said this. Yes, Ben Stein. A write, actor, lawyer, TV personality...and the list could go on. But what I find interesting the most about this quote is that it's so simple. It is common sense, right? I mean, to get something, you have to know what that "something" is. But to me, there are so many days that go by, that I have no idea how to take that first step.

Step One

Decide what you want.

Why is it so easy to say? Yet why is it so hard to do. Decide. Make a decision. Am I the only one in this world that has such a hard time with that? I am sure that I know I am not the only person. I have and seen so many different ways to make decisions. Some call them decision models, or decision processes. Does it have to get that scientific? Is there really a "way" to make a decision? Personally, I do think there is a right, common sense way to make an adult decision. But I also think that it really depends on the person and also it depends highly on the kind of decision you have to make.

No one said making decisions are easy. We all deal with decision making everyday, and at the time we make a decision that we feel is right. We owe it to ourselves to stand by that decision no matter what. Never doubt yourself. Do not feel any regrets. Ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment